About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something wife and stay at home mom. I love my small family and I will defend them to the death, if necessary.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Is It Friday Yet?

Sunday night I started feeling like poop.  My throat was hurting, my tummy was upset, and I was feeling feverish.  "Oh no," I thought, "I can't be getting sick.  Mommies aren't allowed to be sick."

Sure enough, I'm sick.  I have no idea what's wrong with me.  My throat hurts on one side, I have a low grade fever, and my head is pounding.

Enough whining.

While my husband was at work yesterday, there was no work to be done.  So they basically just hung out all day and got paid for it.

In his boredom, a coworker, we'll call him Gary, decided to hike to the top of a hill to see what was up there.  While there, Gary decided to have a cigarette.  He butted it out on the bottom of his boot, and walked back down to join my husband and the other men.  This was around noon.

At 4, my husband heard a crackling sound and thought nothing of it.  A few minutes later, the men had to do something outside and came to the hill.  They took one look at it, and the entire thing was on fire.

Let me interrupt the story by saying it was close to 100 degrees here and very, very dry the last couple days.

So Gary grabbed a fire extinguisher and ran over and tried to put the fire out.  Well, it didn't work and someone had called the fire department anyway.

Meanwhile, the most exciting thing that happened here was Bubby spilling my lemonade.  And his apology to me was pooping in his clean diaper that I changed not two minutes before.

Oh, that and my husband's grandmother decided she wanted to give my son a stuffed dog that is "Colombian made" (my husband's family is Colombian).  The tag on the dog clearly says "Made in China".  She also had the audacity to ask me to be a part of her pyramid scheme selling Gano products.  Her stupid son (my father-in-law; I use the term "father" VERY loosely) already bought $1,200 of it.  I smiled and said I would look into it.  Which leads me to this question: Do I look stupid?

The Bubs has this awesome new thing he started over the weekend where he claps when he likes something.  It is so cute and so sweet.  He also says "I love you" and "I love you too" in Bubby-ese.  And "Mama" "Dada" "ba" or "baba" (our word for bottle).  We're working on "Na Na" (my mother; Hi Mom!) and "Po Po" (my father).

We tried Baby Sign Language with him, but he wasn't interested.  The day after we started it with him, he started saying "ba" and "baba".  And he grabs at his diaper when it needs to be changed.  So we stopped.

My husband and I want to teach him Spanish and Japanese too.  But neither of us speak Spanish fluently enough, and he barely knows more than I do (his family never taught him, and my mom's family never taught her).  And we both would like to learn Japanese.  I'm afraid it might be too late though, because Bubs is almost 8 months old and all he's ever heard was English and Japanese (from the anime we watch).  And some Spanish from when my in-laws were allowed to see our child.  But that's another story for another day.

2 comments:

  1. Stick him in front of Spanish cartoons. You'll be surprised how much he learns. Nice (and funny) post!

    ReplyDelete