About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something wife and stay at home mom. I love my small family and I will defend them to the death, if necessary.

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

I Has a Stress

Ever since our son was born on American Thanksgiving last year, I think my husband and I have had two dates.  His birthday and one other time that I can't think of.  Yes, I know getting to have a date with my husband is awesome.  It also means that except for maybe 6 hours, I have been around my darling little angel his entire life.  Nonstop.  All day, every day.  Since the day he was born.
I love my son with all my heart and I would kill for him, if necessary.  Some days I need time to myself.  Those days are few and far between.

Today is one of those days.  Today he is being a hellion.  He woke up right after Daddy left to go to work, and has been being fussy since then.  Nothing I do is good enough.

When Daddy called, he was all smiles and raspberries and bubbles and cheerful and giggles.  After I hung up, he started again.  He has been crying and whining and bratty.  Oh and he's crawling all over me.

If I cuddle him, he squirms out of my arms.  If I put him down, he crawls all over me.  If I try to feed him his bottle, he doesn't want it, but wants it when I put it on the nightstand.

I used to think my mom was joking when she said that the bathroom is the only place she can go to be alone.  She was right. (Hi Mom!)  

I'm tired of watching Pokemon for the 12th time in two days.  I'm going to put on Sesame Beginnings or Elmo in Grouchland.

Maybe Mama will scoop herself some delicious mocha caramel ice cream.  I'll imagine that I'm sitting on a secluded white sand beach with clear blue water sipping a delicious mommies-only drink.  Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment