About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something wife and stay at home mom. I love my small family and I will defend them to the death, if necessary.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Must Be Doing Something Right!

This is Bubby when he was 4 and a half months old.  This picture was taken on Mother's Day.    

My little family took a trip to Walmart the other day.  There was a sale on twin popsicles, a big ass box for $3 or something like that, so we bought a box.  Bubby wanted to taste the popsicles, so we shared with him.  He seems to like them.

On a daily basis, I fear that I am doing something wrong and my son is going to turn into the next Charles Manson.  But today, I was having an apple for my snack, and he crawled over, pulled himself up, and opened his mouth to share my apple.  After that, he kept insisting that I share with him.  He didn't react this way with the popsicles, so I must be doing something right, right?


He's great with trying new foods.  He loves fresh apples and mangoes (and bananas, but they don't like him).  He is great with jarred fruits and veggies.  He does not, however, like jarred chicken, rice and veggies dinner.  He made the most disgusted face ever when he tasted it and promptly spit it back out.  I wouldn't have eaten it from the way it smelled when I opened the jar.


I would love to instill the "I won't feed him what I won't eat" rule, but there are a lot of things I won't eat, and he'll be missing out.  The only thing I don't care if he doesn't want to try are Lima beans.  No one in my family eats them.  If we have mixed veggies with our dinner, and those gross green things are mixed in, we fling them at each other, or put them on someone else's plate when they're not looking.


We're not heathens, I swear.  Every family has their own thing, and this is ours.  Well, this and shooting Jell-O at each other using straws.  (We were on vacation and decided to go to a buffet style restaurant for dinner.  There were squares of Jell-O for dessert, so we each got a square.  I don't remember who, it might have been my mom (Hi Mom!), used her straw to suck the Jello up and shot it like a blow dart at someone else.  We sat there for probably 5 minutes shooting Jell-O at each other.  It was a lot of fun.)

No comments:

Post a Comment