About Me

My photo
I'm a 20-something wife and stay at home mom. I love my small family and I will defend them to the death, if necessary.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Sheldon and Francois

This story is based on my mom's (Hi Mom!) fish tank.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheldon and Francois were housemates.  They shared a 10 gallon salt water tank with Bob and Phyllis, and Starr. (But Phyllis doesn't think that Starr is her real name.  It's probably her stage name, that floozy!)

Bob and Phyllis, Starr, Sheldon, and Francois lived happily and peacefully for almost a year.  It wasn't until Francois had a little too much Domaine RomanĂ©e-Conti that the peace was broken.

Sheldon, a turbo snail, had been moseying about the tank.  It was the early evening, so he was winding down from a busy day of turboing around the tank, cleaning it, and chatting up Starr.  

Starr was a beauty that was all legs.  Francois, upon moving into the tank, had been infatuated with her.  He felt possessive and territorial with her.  Unfortunately for Francois, Starr wasn't into expensive wines and French culture, and to be honest, she thought hermit crabs were repulsive.

Bob and Phyllis were out on a date, and Sheldon and Starr were sitting around the live rock chatting.  Francois was in a dark corner of the tank, watching with his beady little black eyes and twirling his long mustache.

"Zeese," Francois mumbled as he slammed his claw into the glass, "eez preposterous!  'Ow can she be taken with zeese salaud.  I am clearly more of a gentleman zan 'e eez!  C'est des conneries!"


Bob and Phyllis came home to find Francois sulking.
"Oh no, there, Francois!  What are you so sad aboot?" Phyllis asked gently, placing her dainty fin around his eye stalks.


"Eet eez ze girl.  I am so in love with 'er and she is too blind to see eet!  'Ow can I get her to see, Phylli?"

Bob grumbled, "Stop wastin' yet time on a girl that don't want ye."

The food flakes came early that night, and the light went out quickly after the flakes were finished.

"Well," said Phyllis gently, "I think it's time to go to sleep.  Take care now, Francois.  Tomorrow is a new day, after all!"

Chapter Two will continue tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. Eeet issss vedddy gouda! Write more soon! The girls liked eeet too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read your story to Daddy. He said, "I think it's damn good. Don't you Phyllis?" LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I'm glad you guys like it! I thought Bob and Phyllis suited them nicely. :)

    ReplyDelete